Pre-season football has started and my dad is happier than a pig in mud ! Here’s a salsa recipe we found that’s great to enjoy for any game or party.
- 1 (28-oz.) can whole tomatoes with juice
- 2 (10-oz. each) cans Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (we used the original type)
- ¼ cup chopped onion (we used ½ cup of Vidalia onions)
- 1 jalapeño, quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly afterwards (we used a serrano)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (we used 2 large garlic cloves)
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt (we used kosher salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- Juice of half a lime
- ½ cup cilantro (or more to taste) (we just went with ½ cup)
- In a food processor or blender (we used a food processor), add all the ingredients to it.
- Pulse the mixture until you get the consistency you want (we pulsed until it was as smooth as we could get it).
- Serve with chips (we liked eating the salsa with Tostitos Tortilla Hint of Lime Chips).
You can eat this right after you’re done making it but we find that the salsa is at its tastiest after it’s been left in the fridge overnight.
We got this recipe from a Ree Drummond cookbook.
We weren’t paid in any form to mention Rotel, Tostitos, or Ree Drummond.