If you could try only one chicken wing recipe, it has to be this one ! In the past we’ve tried other chicken wing recipes that were okay but left us wondering “What’s the big deal with chicken wings?” Once we took a bite of these, especially with the dipping sauce, we finally understood. It’s insane how tasty they are !
- 4 pounds chicken wings, split at the joints, tips removed
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 2 sticks butter (we used salted butter)
- ¾ cup Sriracha
- Lemon Dijonnaise Dip
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of one large lemon
- ½ grated garlic clove
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Take the chicken wings and toss them with the salt and pepper*.
- Take 2 oiled, rimmed baking sheets** and place the wings on them. Stick the baking sheets in the oven and let the chicken wings cook for an hour***.
- While the chicken wings are cooking, mix together the dip ingredients and leave it off to the side for now. Melt the butter and in a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter with the Sriracha. Toss the wings in the butter mixture, serve it with the dip and enjoy !
*We actually laid out the chicken wings on the (in our case) lined baking sheets and seasoned them with salt and pepper afterwards.
** We laid aluminum foil over the two rimmed baking sheets and then sprayed them with PAM.
***We had to place one sheet on the middle rack and the other on our bottom rack. Halfway through the cook time, we switched places with the baking sheets and continued to let them cook afterwards.
We created this combo from a Food Network Mix & Match Wings article.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Food Network.
Hope you enjoy life !