- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin (rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup chicken broth (we used reduced-sodium chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (we used light brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Take a large mixing bowl out and add the following ingredients to it, making sure they’re thoroughly mixed together: ground chicken, green onions, garlic, toasted sesame oil, fish sauce, and mirin. Take the meat mixture and produce meatballs that are roughly 1 ½-inches in diameter.
- Take a 4 ½-quart slow cooker out and leave it off to the side for now. Take a large skillet out and pour the canola oil into it, setting the heat for medium-high. Once the oil’s hot, add the meatballs to the skillet, searing the meatballs on all sides. Transfer the seared meatballs to the slow cooker, followed by the coconut milk, chicken both, curry paste and sugar*. Put the lid on the slow cooker and let it cook on HIGH for 3 ½ to 4 hours. After those 3 ½ to 4 hours have passed, stir in the lime juice.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until it looks smooth. Stir in additional water** if you need to so that the slurry (the cornstarch/water mixture) has a heavy cream consistency. Stir the slurry into the sauce in the slow cooker and let the dish cook without the lid on for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or however long it takes for the sauce to get a little thicker and evenly coat the meatballs.
*We actually mixed the coconut milk, chicken broth, curry paste and sugar together before pouring it into the slow cooker.
**When we mixed the original amount of cornstarch and water together, it actually seemed thinner than heavy cream so we mixed in an additional teaspoon of cornstarch and called it good there.
Recipe source unknown.
Hope you enjoy life !