- 1 lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 ½ cups beef-flavored broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard (4 tsp. wasn’t enough for us the first time we tried this so we tried 5 tsp. this time)
- 1 lb. unpeeled Yukon Gold or red potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes (we used red potatoes)
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (we used Italian parsley)
- Take a 12-inch nonstick skillet out and set the heat to medium-high. Once hot, add in the ground beef, cooking for 5-7 minutes or until fully cooked, stirring the meat around and breaking it up occasionally. Drain any grease that’s accumulated. Stir in the salt, pepper, and flour before adding in the mushrooms. Cook for another 3 minutes, stirring now and then.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the whipping cream and mustard. Pour the cream mixture into the skillet, stirring in the potatoes and carrots afterwards.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and place a lid on the skillet. Cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables feel tender and the sauce has thickened up slightly. Take the skillet off the heat, sprinkle in the parsley and serve immediately.
Even though we increased the mustard by a teaspoon, we still didn’t taste the mustard like we wanted to so we’ll probably try an even two tablespoons of mustard next time we make this. Still need to adjust the amount of mustard but it’s cheap, filling, and has a certain comfort factor to it !
Not sure where we got this recipe from.
Hope you enjoy life !