- 3 cups frozen cauliflower
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (13.66 oz.) coconut milk
- ¼ cup green curry paste
- ½ tsp. salt (we used kosher salt)
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 2 pkg. (8.8 oz. each) ready-to-serve long grain rice (we cooked up some white rice)
- ½ cup lightly salted cashews (we didn’t measure how much we used)
- Take a large skillet out and mix together the cauliflower, beans, coconut milk, curry paste, and salt in it. Turn the heat up high enough for a boil to occur. Once boiling, let the dish cook for 5-6 minutes or until the cauliflower’s tender (we had to cook ours longer than 6 minutes and we stirred occasionally during that time).
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water until the mixture’s smooth. Slowly stir the slurry (cornstarch/ water mixture) into the skillet, followed by the peas. Wait for boiling to occur before constantly stirring for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Cook the rice based off the directions on the package. When serving, get your rice first then spoon the skillet mixture over the rice, finishing off with a sprinkling of cashews.
The different components all together make you feel like you’re eating a hearty, filling meal. If we had one complaint about this dish, it’s that the coconut milk really tempered the heat from the green curry paste. We like having some heat in most of our dishes.
Recipe source unknown.
Hope you enjoy life !