- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ pound green beans (we bought a pound so that even after cutting off the ends and any bad spots, we’d have ¾ pound)
- 3 red jalapeños or serrano chiles, quartered lengthwise, ribs and seeds taken out if you’d like (we minced 3 green serrano chiles that we left the ribs and seeds in)
- Coarse salt (we used Kosher salt)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Trim the green beans first. Now take a large skillet out and pour the oil in, setting the heat to medium-high. Once the oil’s hot, toss in the green beans and the chiles, seasoning with the salt afterwards. Put a lid on the skillet and cook, stirring now and then, until the green beans are tender and look browned in spots, 5-7 minutes (ours took about 7-8 minutes). Take the skillet off the heat and stir in the lemon juice, adding more salt in if you think it needs it.
If you have any congestion issues, this dish should take care of it, especially if you’re the one making it ! It’s spicy enough that it made our noses run but it was worth it. We actually forgot to add on the lemon juice at first and they still tasted great (the green beans do taste go with the lemon juice as well though). This is meant to be a side dish but it’s tasty enough that we’d eat it as a snack !
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !