- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, very finely chopped (we used Ghirardelli Baking Bar bittersweet chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (we used light brown sugar)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Take a heat-proof bowl and add to it the chocolate, brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne. Take a small saucepan out and pour the half-and-half in, setting the heat to medium. Once simmering, pour the half-and-half over the chocolate, whisking the mixture until the chocolate’s melted and everything’s combined.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and insert the popsicle sticks afterwards. Freeze for 6 hours or up to a week until firm.
- To remove the pops from their molds, run hot water over the outsides of the molds for just a few seconds, pulling them gently out afterwards.
The flavor of the chocolate definitely comes through and you can taste the cinnamon as well. The cayenne you don’t get right away but after a few bites (or licks) you start to get the heat. This was a tasty variation on a chocolate popsicle !
We got this from “Perfect Pops” cookbook.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Ghirardelli or “Perfect Pops” cookbook.
Take care everybody !