- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup green creme de menthe
- 1/3 cup white creme de cacao (if you’ve never bought this before, it looks clear)
- 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped* (do not use non-dairy whipped topping)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk, creme de menthe and creme de cacao together. Fold in the whipped cream until combined. Spoon equal amounts into 6 to 8 individual serving dishes. Place the dishes in the freezer for 3 hours or until firm. Garnish however you’d like (we used mint leaves). If you’re going to have any leftovers, place them back in the freezer.
*We whipped the cream until it was slightly past a soft peak stage.
This is so freaking delicious ! You can taste the mint and chocolate flavors the liqueurs give to the dessert but it’s never overpowering. Even though you taste the mint and chocolate flavors, we ourselves never got a “buzz” from eating it. You do get sweetness but we wouldn’t describe it as rich or cloyingly sweet. If your serving lasts long enough to melt, you will taste the sweetened condensed milk more. The mouthfeel was incredible ! It’s light and so smooth that you won’t realize how quickly it disappears from your dish. This has become our new favorite summer dessert !
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Eagle Brand.
Take care everybody !