- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened (we used unsalted butter)
- 1 egg (we used a large egg)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pkg. (18-¼ oz.) chocolate cake mix (we used a 15.25 oz. pkg. of Pillsbury Moist Supreme Devil’s Food cake mix)
- Take a large mixing bowl out and beat the cream cheese and butter together in it until it is light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla just until combined. Add the cake mix into the bowl and mix well to combine (the dough should have a sticky consistency after you’re done mixing). Put a lid on the bowl and place it in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take rounded tablespoons worth of the dough and roll them into balls, placing them on ungreased* baking sheets afterwards, making sure each ball is spaced 2-inches apart. Place each sheet in the oven for 9-11 minutes or until the tops of the cookies have cracked (we baked our cookies for 9 minutes). Pull the sheet out and let the cookies cool for 2 minutes before taking them off the sheet and letting them finish cooling on wire racks.
*We lined our baking sheets with aluminum foil before placing the balls of dough on them.
Yields 4-½ dozen (we only got 38 cookies out of this)
These were some tasty little cookies. We don’t understand why they described this as being gooey since there was no gooeyness but the cookies were pillowy soft and the chocolate really comes through. If you love chocolate and you love cookies, then you’re sure to love these cookies !
We got this recipe from Taste of Home.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Pillsbury or Taste of Home.
Take care everybody !