- ¼ cup olive oil (we used extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 thinly sliced medium sweet onion
- 1 tsp. paprika (we used smoked paprika)
- 12 cups thinly sliced collard green leaves
- 3 Tbsp. coconut vinegar or 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (we used apple cider vinegar)
- Pour the oil into a large skillet, setting the heat to medium. Once the oil’s hot, add in the onion, cooking it for 5-8 minutes or until the onion looks both translucent and is getting browned around the edges, stirring frequently during that time. Now add in the paprika, seasoning to taste with salt. Add the collard greens into the skillet a handful at a time, stirring long enough to wilt before adding in each additional handful. Cook the greens for 4 minutes or until all of them have wilted but still have a somewhat firm texture to them. Pour in the vinegar, stirring to combine. Add more salt if you think the dish needs it.
When we took a bite of this, we thought it tasted good but we weren’t sure if it was good enough to post. Once we added a few additional splashes of vinegar though, we knew this was something worth posting ! Between the sweetness from the onion and the delicious tanginess from the apple cider vinegar, it works beautifully with the flavor of the collard greens.
Recipe source unknown.
Take care everybody !