Sorry this wasn’t posted yesterday but we hope you enjoyed a delicious sandwich yesterday ! If you’re ever in the mood for a sandwich in the future, feel free to try one of our recipes (note: we weren’t sure if burgers and sliders counted as sandwiches so we left them out of this list):
Take care everybody !
- 3 cups whole milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups shredded smoked Cheddar
- 1 cup shredded American cheese (I took 9 slices of Kraft American cheese and cut it into small diced pieces to get a cup of cheese)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta, cooked
- 3 cups shredded Slow Cooker Pork Roast (recipe below)
- Toppings: more shredded Slow Cooker Pork Roast (I set aside an extra cup for the topping), shredded Cheddar cheese (I used more of the smoked Cheddar cheese), and chopped green onion (I sliced the green onions)
- Preheat your broiler, making sure you have a rack on the middle shelf. Take a large saucepan out and pour 2 ¾ cups milk in, setting the heat to medium. Grab a small bowl and whisk the remaining milk together with the flour, whisking until the mixture’s smooth. Once the 2 ¾ cups milk is heated to the point of boiling, gradually whisk in the flour mixture and continue to whisk for another 2 minutes or until the milk feels like it’s thickened. Turn the heat down to medium-low and mix in the cheese, mustard, salt and pepper, stirring until the cheese has melted. Toss in the pasta and 3 cups of shredded pork, stirring to make sure everything’s combined.
- Take a large cast-iron skillet and spread the mac and cheese out in it, topping it with the additional pork followed by the Cheddar. Place in the oven to broil for a minute or two or until the cheese has melted a little. Sprinkle on the green onion and enjoy !
Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) pork shoulder (we used a boneless pork shoulder)
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, and pepper, rubbing the mixture all over the pork.
- Place the pork in a 6-qt. slow cooker (we placed the pork fat-side up in the slow cooker), adding in the remaining ingredients afterwards.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and let it cook on HIGH for 2 hours, turning the heat down to LOW afterwards for 6 additional hours. Take the pork out and shred it, discarding the fat.
This is a 2-for-1 southern comfort food dish ! You can definitely taste the Cheddar in the mac and cheese and you can still get that subtle flavor of the pork. One component doesn’t overpower the other in this and the green onion also adds a nice crunch as well as bringing a nice freshness to the dish.
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Kraft.
Take care everybody !
Throwback Thursday recipe: Tofu with Spicy Peanut Sauce