- 2 ½ to 3 pounds boneless pork country-style ribs (we used 3 pounds)
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle barbecue sauce (we used most of a 19 oz. bottle of Jack Daniel’s Honey Smokehouse BBQ Sauce)
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped (we used 3)
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- Take a 4-to-5 quart slow cooker out and place the ribs in it (we used a round 4 ½ qt. slow cooker). Take a medium-sized bowl out* and mix together in it the barbecue sauce and the chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, pouring the mixture over the ribs afterwards.
- Put the lid on and set the heat to LOW, allowing the ribs to cook for 10 to 12 hours** or you can set the heat to HIGH and let it cook for 5 to 6 hours.
- Take the ribs out of the slow cooker, placing them on a serving plate and covering them afterwards (to help keep them warm), keeping the cooking liquid in the slow cooker.
- If you’ve been using the LOW heat setting, turn it up to high. Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl before adding it to the slow cooker, stirring to combine it with the cooking juices. Put the lid back on the slow cooker and let the mixture cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Take the lid off afterwards and serve the sauce with the ribs. (We actually forgot to do this step completely but everything still turned out delicious !)
*We just spread the chopped chipotles over the ribs, followed by the barbecue sauce.
**We cooked ours on LOW heat and by the 11 hour mark, the ribs were falling apart.
Supposed to make 8 servings.
We know this isn’t the most appetizing looking but trust us, this is delicious !
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to promote Jack Daniel’s Barbecue Sauce.
Hope you enjoy life !