- 1 ½ cups chicken broth or vegetable broth (we used Swanson’s reduced-sodium chicken broth)
- 1 cup dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained (we used one diced can of tomatoes and another can of petite cut diced tomatoes with zesty jalapeños)
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt (we used kosher salt)
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (we used cayenne)
- 1 bag (5 or 6 oz.) fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped (we didn’t chop ours)
- Shaved or shredded fresh Parmesan cheese (we shredded ours)
- Take a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker out and spray the inside of it with cooking spray. Add everything to the slow cooker (stirring to mix)) except the spinach and cheese.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and let the stew cook on LOW heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- After those 8 to 10 hours pass, add the spinach into the slow cooker, putting the lid back on afterwards. Allow the stew to cook for another 5 minutes or however long it takes for the spinach to get wilted. Sprinkle the cheese on each individual serving and enjoy !
Recipe source unknown.
We weren’t paid in any form to mention Swanson.
Hope you enjoy life !